Straight talk samsung Omnia 7 has Order cialis site espharmacycom Cialis forum

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

+977 61 466 044


Who will meet me at the airport?

As you exit the terminal building at Kathmandu airport, you should look for the Frontiers Paragliding signboard. The man holding this will lead you to the minibus that takes you to your hotel. That evening, a Frontiers representative will meet you at your hotel to discuss all relevant aspects of your trip and pass on your flight ticket to Pokhara.

What will my hotel accommodation be like?

We have taken particular care in choosing our hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara for quality, comfort and location.  The Kathmandu Guets House in the heart of Kathmandu offer 3 star accommodation. In Pokhara, the Barahi Hotel offers 3 star accommodation and swimming pool.

Will I get sick?

With sensible precautions you should be fine. Your trek cooks are trained to prepare the food. The main problem comes in eating and drinking in cities, where there is untreated water. In cities always drink bottled mineral water or water you know to be safe or treated. Do not brush your teeth in the tap water and keep your mouth closed in the shower. Wipe your knife, fork and plate with a paper napkin or handkerchief, particularly if they look wet. Do not eat anything from street vendors unless it is fried up in front of you, do not eat cold, sweetmeats or ice-cream and do not eat fruit unless you can peel it. Always try and wash your hands before eating. Wash your hands after going to the toilet. On the paratreks we provide boiled water each night for you to fill up your water bottle for the following morning. You should bring iodine tablets or other water purification devices in case you have to fill up the next day.

What vaccinations do I need?

You will need to consult your doctor at least 6 weeks prior to departure to enable you to have a full course of the immunisations. The following is a guideline only – you should ask your doctor if there are any changes to this list:

Hepatitis A

Malaria has been all but eradicated in Nepal, and is not considered a high risk.

Do I need a Visa for Nepal? 

When you book one of our trips we provide you with a Trip Dossier that gives you all the information you need to prepare. This includes instructions on obtaining the relevant visas. It is your responsibility to obtain the entry visa, whether through the Nepalese embassy in your home country or at the Airport in Kathmandu. We recommend you obtain your visa in the home country to expedite your passage through customs when you arrive.

What money and how much should I bring?

The Rupee is the currency in Nepal. It is a closed currency, so you will not be able to obtain any until you arrive in the Kingdom. We recommend that you purchase your Rupees after you arrive at your Hotel; they all have exchange desks. Alternatively there are numerous ATM (cash point) machines in both Kathmandu and Pokhara that accept most western bankcards. Bring some US dollars with you (we suggest at least $100), as if you haven’t arranged your entry visa in the UK, you will need $30 for your visa application at the airport. All major currencies can be exchanged and credit cards and Travellers Cheques are accepted in the main cities.

What will be the transport within Nepal?

Internal flights are by Twin Otter STOL aircraft. These offer excellent views of the country. Bus transfers are either by private minibus for larger groups or by the excellent Greenline coach company that provide a quality service between the major towns. Most of the transfers to road heads at the start of our paratrek are by jeep.

 What about Insurance?

We need to see a copy of your license and insurance document before your departure. For flying in Nepal we require a permit from The Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal. We arrange these for all our clients, please fax or email us a copy of your documents. We require all pilots to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation and repatriation. The British Mountaineering Council has excellent policies – please visit their website -


Where do we eat and sleep?

On our paratreks you sleep in double tents and have meals in the mess tent. Supplements will apply if you require a single tent. The mess tent is the main tent for hanging out at night for games, reading or writing diaries. We supply tables and chairs and a lantern or candles. There is a full team of Sherpas to set and break camp, cook, serve meals, wash-up, produce hot water for washing and the all important morning cup of tea in bed. There is a separate kitchen tent and toilet tent.

Who does the cooking?

On all our  paratreks we provide a trek cook and assistant. The trek cooks and assistants are trained to prepare food hygienically in the field and antiseptic water is provided for you to wash your hands before mealtimes. Vegetarians can be catered for quite easily, and other special diets can be accommodated with plenty of advance notice.  It is amazing what the trek cooks can produce on occasions. With quite basic equipment they manage to produce very good cakes, apple tarts, pizzas, fried chips, spaghetti and a multitude of other dishes. On the majority of treks most of the food is carried in from the road head, and this is supplemented by purchasing fresh vegetables and meat in villages along the way.

What is the food like?

In the major towns there are many excellent restaurants, cafes and bars that serve an array of world cuisine. The food is safe to eat at the restaurants that we recommend you to go to in the major cities. On our treks, we will provide simple, yet tasty food incorporating a mixture of Nepali and Western cuisine.  Each day will provide a different menu but below is a typical day:

Breakfast: cereals or porridge, eggs, usually scrambled/fried, toast/chapatis, honey,  peanut butter, tea and coffee.

Lunch: noodles/potatoes, curry, salad, rice, dhal and vegetables, chapatis or bread, tea or coffee. When crossing high passes or drier regions a packed lunch will be provided which may consist of some of the following: bread and jam sandwiches, chapatis, chicken, boiled eggs, oranges or apples, chocolate, cartons of juice. When we arrive into camp, tea and biscuits are offered.

Evening meal: Start with  popcorn/popodums, then soup followed by a rice based dish, sometimes a mild curry or stew with several separate fresh vegetable dishes to accompany, and fresh local meat, usually chicken, fresh or tinned fruit, tea, coffee or hot chocolate. The meal will not be made overly spicey and you can add more spice from a separate bowl if desired. Condiments include salt and pepper, tomato ketchup, chutney, brown sauce or hot chilli sauce.

What language do people speak & will I be able to communicate?

Nepali is the national language but only around 55% of the population can speak it as there is a wealth of other ethnic dialects spoken within the Kingdom. English is now very widely spoken and you will have no problem communicating in the cities and on the major trekking routes. However, once off the beaten path it is best if you learn a few simple words and phrases. A simple “Namaste” can work wonders in opening opportunities and interactions with locals. All our Sirdars and most of the porters speak excellent English and will gladly help you in expanding you vocabulary.



Frontiers Paragliding Pvt. Ltd
Halan Chowk, Lakeside, Pokhara, Nepal Tel: +977 (0)61 466044 / 466122

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Scroll to top